While COVID-19 pandemic is real and still spreading, even faster than before. Lockdown has been eased, people have returned to work, and markets are now opened. Here are some cleaning and hygiene tips to help you from contracting the COVID-19 virus.
The main cause of COVID-19 is still unknown, research is still going on all over the world to get the cure, and at our ends, we are admonished to keep ourselves and our families safe from contracting the virus. Covid-19 is a virus that affects the respiratory system and it is transmitted through direct contact with contaminated surfaces or respiratory droplets from an infected person.
Some of the symptoms include loss of smell, sneezing, fever, dry cough, tiredness aches, and pain.
COVID-19 Hygiene tips
- Handling face masks: Always use face masks. Face masks help you from spreading corona-virus to others by containing your fever droplets from getting to others, you don’t know who has this virus until it’s probably too late. If everybody applies the rule of using a face mask. A lot of questions are asked about what type of face masks to use, it has been proven that locally made face masks are equally effective at preventing COVID-19, as the idea behind the use is to prevent droplets flying about. Wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth and that is not loose, don’t be deceived and wrongly informed. And do not share your nose masks.
- Properly dispose of used tissues and handkerchiefs: My mum went to the market just after the lockdown was eased. She used a nose mask and wore gloves. When she came back, she removed her mask and gloved it on the dining table. Corona-virus can survive on glass for 5 days, on wood for 4 days on plastic or stainless steel for up to 72hours, on cardboard up to 24hours, on a copper for 4hours and in the air for 3 hours. So the virus can live. It is important to keep potential carriers off surfaces that are accessible and frequently used.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces in your home regularly: Examples of high touch surfaces in homes include doorknob and handles, chairs, kitchen slabs, switches, phones, computer keyboards, remote controls, and toys. These surfaces should be cleaned with about 70% alcohol-based disinfectant sprays and or wipes. This should be done constantly, especially on every incoming and outgoing
- Food consumption: At this time, outdoor consumption of food should be avoided, although, there is no evidence of the possibility of coveting 19 transmission viruses from food. But there is a possibility from packaged food containers, and utensils others by others already.
Other tips to keeping yourself and loved ones safe are
- Avoid handshakes and hugs.
- Keep a safe distance of about 1 m from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing and coughing with a tissue or bent elbow.
- Avoid touching your faces, mouth, and eyes with
- Clean your hand often, by washing them with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Please away at home if you have a fever.
- Maintain social distancing where you can and where not, use a face mask.
- Seek medical attention if you feel unwell.
Naijainterest loves you, and we really care about our health. Stay safe and stay alive.
You can read-up from our previous posts